Why NHWA Accreditation?
During the formation of our business, we discovered the National Home Watch Association (NHWA). We realized the Association was one of likeminded business professionals, setting the industry standard on how a Home Watch business should be modelled. We loved how the ideals of the organization paralleled our own!
By joining, we realized we’d be put through their accreditation vetting process on an annual basis. We chose to not only become an Accredited Member of the NHWA, but to pursue further training and levels of professionalism in which we were labeled as one of their Certified Home Watch Professionals. This extra level requires ongoing learning and education beyond that of the standard membership. We felt that by advancing our knowledge of the National Association standards, we could better serve our clientele.
If you hire a home watch service or individual (family / friend / neighbor) that isn’t a Certified or an Accredited Member of the NHWA, this doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t trustworthy or able to provide a similar service. However, many times these providers aren’t professionally trained and many times are not businesses at all, meaning they aren’t properly insured nor bonded. It is unlikely they use secure methods to store your personal information, alarm codes or keys. When taking into account that your house may be the most valuable investment you have, be 100% sure to whom you give full access.
Reprinted with the permission of the National Home Watch Association.
Benefits of Hiring an Accredited Home Watch Service
- An Accredited Home Watch service’s regular visits to your property may prevent or lessen property damage.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will create a presence in your home which may deter squatters and other intruders.
- Accredited Home Watch inspectors will look for leaks, insect infestations, mold and other potential threats.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will deliver consistent an accurate information to you during your absence.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can make arrangements for work to be done in your absence, leaving you to do what you wish once you return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service can act as your liaison between contractors, associations, Realtors and virtually anyone that you authorize them to.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will implement your storm plan.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will answer alarm calls.
- Homes controlled by an HOA/POA have bylaws that dictate how their exterior and ground are to be maintained. An Accredited Home Watch service will make itself aware of these rules and make sure that your home is kept within guidelines. They will address any problems with landscapers and lawn services.
- For condo owners, while an HOA/POA is responsible for common grounds and common areas, you are responsible for everything from the “studs in”. Problems in an upstairs unit can create major damage to the unit below. Common pipes in common walls are also notorious for causing problems to multiple units. An Accredited Home Watch service can discover issues prior to your return.
- An Accredited Home Watch service will give you peace of mind, knowing that your home is being looked after by professionals who have your best interests in mind.
Mission Statement of the National Home Watch Association
It is the mission and goal of the National Home Watch Association to establish and maintain the highest set of standards and ethics for all Home Watch companies in the United States of America and Canada;
To establish and maintain trust and confidence between homeowners and Home Watch professionals;
To protect the public from uninsured, unbonded and unethical individuals who represent themselves as Home Watch professionals;
To promote public awareness of the Home Watch Industry;
To ensure that only companies who represent the highest levels of professionalism are accredited as members of the National Home Watch Association.
The National Home Watch Association – Setting the Gold Standard for the Home Watch Industry Since 2009